Thursday, March 01, 2007

Lofty Aspirations

Not feeling very well yesterday, I was asking Hannah a bunch of questions to keep her occupied while I laid in a fetal position on my bed. One question I asked her was, "So what do you want to do when you grow up?"

Hannah answered, "I use scissors. When I get bigger bigger. I be real careful."

I love that she added, for my sake, that she would be real careful, so I won't worry too much. When do kids start using scissors, anyway?

Thank God I feel better today. After weeks of a very easy pregnancy, I'm getting closer to the due date and I'm starting to feel really tired, achey, and perhaps a bit abused by the little stinker in my belly who keeps karate chopping my insides. I still have about 10 more weeks to go, so pray for me if you think of it.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that you are feeling so poorly! Only 10 weeks to go! YEAH!

I've still be sick- throwing up. I am twenty weeks along already, actually almost 21 and I am still sick. I am so annoyed! I hope that this will go away, but it seems like it is going to stick around, yuck!

I'll be praying for you!

6:26 AM  
Blogger Bluecanopy said...

I will pray for you, poor girl...

What an aspiration! You go, Hannah :) My sister wanted to be a shoulder pad when she grew up. This was in the late 80's when my mom probably wore shoulder pads with everything!

A friend of mine gave Basil some really cool scissors that have plastic "blades" which somehow cut paper and nothing else. She got em at Lakeshore. He's just starting to use one hand, before that he was two-handed and frustrated.

1:50 PM  
Blogger Lauren S. said...

Thanks my friends...

Michelle! I cannot believe you are still sick. :( Were you this sick with your ds? Maybe you are having a girl. :) Still praying for you to feel better.

Sara, I'll have to check out those scissors. When I had Hannah use some small scissors I have, she was frustrated the same way as Basil was. Didn't quite have the coordination. Whenever I scrapbook she begs to use the scissors. So funny, the things they are so excited to play with or get to do when they get older. I just really hope she never gets a hold of scissors and cuts her hair. I think I would probably lose my mind - since it took so long to even have enough hair to put a clip in it.

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home