Thursday, February 08, 2007

A Haiku

Last Saturday we went to some friend's for a poetry reading/sharing night. We were supposed to each bring a poem about hobbies. At about noon that day, Jason said he didn't think he wanted to go. It was about the poem. He didn't want to write one. I told him I would write two poems so he wouldn't have to, which was a stretch for me, since I have poetry skills of a 4th grader. I won't share what I wrote. But later that afternoon Jason sat down and started on a Haiku about a true even that happened when Hannah was a little baby. As you can see, my husband is brilliant. He finished off the masterpiece with an illustration that Napoleon Dynamite would say is "sweet". It's pretty much his best drawing ever.

The haiku and illustration is about a day that Jason took Hannah to a park by my parents house. I wasn't there so I missed all the excitement. As you can see, he took Hannah out of her stroller to get a closer look at a waterfall over the large pond at this picturesque park. But once down the terraces, a goose the size of a pterodactyl went on attack mode and chased Jason and Hannah back up the terrace. If you can imagine, a grown man running for his and his daughter's life from a mad goose, doing "high knees" to get up the terraces holding on to his baby which made him look like he had a straight jacket on. And he lived to tell us about it.

6 Comments:

Blogger Bluecanopy said...

That is too funny! I just started a book last night, Peace Like a River, anyway, there's this scene where a girl is goose hunting with her brothers and dad and she runs into the field to track down a goose her brother shot...well, the goose pecked at her chased her as well! I never knew they could be so fierce!

I wish you could post that drawing ;)

12:29 PM  
Blogger Lauren S. said...

I've learned that geese are quite aggressive creatures. Guess that's where the expression "getting goosed" came from. He he.

2:06 PM  
Blogger Munkee said...

nice pic Jason...though my drawing skills would blow that away...just ask sara ;)

2:13 PM  
Blogger Thomas Ham said...

Honk Honk Honk, Caa Caa
Lets start the sky genocide
Caa Caa Caa, Honk Honk

5:47 AM  
Blogger Katie Harris said...

as Napoleon once said, "girls only want boyfriends who have great skills" and it looks as though your man has the drawing skills. But what about numchuck skills. . .or bowhunting skills. . .

11:24 AM  
Blogger Bluecanopy said...

sweet for sure!

my favorite part is the stroller.

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home