Monday, February 01, 2010

This Big Baby Boy...

Turns One this month.
We all pretty much think he's the cutest, funniest, chubbiest little guy in the world.

And I'm pretty sure he gets a kick out of us to.
In honor of his birthday month, I have finished his birth story. I need a gentle nudge to post it though. His was hard for me to process. It was a good birth but a hard one. A tiring one. But I think women need to read natural birth stories so they can know that they can overcome pain, and know that normal births are a far cry from what conventional media portrays. I found reading dozens of birth stories while pregnant very helpful and even encouraging, and made my births much less scary. So, allow me to work up the nerve and I'll post soon after I re-read it for the 9oth time.

If you are my FB friend, you know that I got out of the house on a Friday night. It was a fast-free week, my parents were willing to watch the kiddos, we found the perfect place to go, some friends to hang with - the stars were aligned! And it was so much fun. My kind of fun that gets me home before ten, with a full belly. It was the first time I've ever left Phillip for longer than an hour or two long shopping trip. And he did great!

However, as I was enjoying this lovely beer my little Phillip thought it would be a fine time to take his first steps. Without me. Without a camera. He has yet to repeat it.
Oh well. Lucky grandparents! I was happy for them!

6 Comments:

Blogger elizabeth said...

isn't that always the way! glad you had a great evening out!

4:08 PM  
Blogger Yara said...

but you got a picture of the beer!
Has he walked again?

6:04 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

He's adorable!! *nudge*

10:33 PM  
Blogger Lauren S. said...

no - still hasn't walked again!

8:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh no :(

3:40 PM  
Blogger Reese's Pieces said...

What a beautiful boy! 1 already! Oh my!

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home