Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Music to My Ears

James at Jason's godparent's back-house on All Hallows Eve

I love hearing kids playing, to hear the funny/quirky/ridiculous things they say.
Like when Hannah says these words: Ridiclious. Loojally.
And when she uses them in a sentence: "I don't loojally look so ridiclious!"
James still calls his baby brother Phillip "Phoot."
"Oh dood mowning, Phoot. Nice to meetchya!"
I love how they belt out random pieces of the Divine Liturgy at any given moment.
Hannah has entirely memorized the Trisagion Prayers.
James starts us off with "In the name of the Father, Son, Holy Spirit."
Truthfully it sounds more like, "Fodder, Son, Hody Spit."
I say Amen. Hannah does the rest up to the Troparia of the Holy Trinity.
Phillip makes endearing baby squawks.
Music to my ears - no better way to start or end the day.
Glory to thee, our God, glory to thee.
O heavenly King, O Comforter, the Spirit of Truth, who art in all places and fillest all things; Treasury of good things and Giver of life: Come and dwell in us, and cleanse us from every stain, and save our souls, O gracious Lord.
Holy God, Holy Mighty, Holy Immortal: have mercy on us. x3
Glory to the Father and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit: now and ever, and unto ages of ages. Amen.
All-holy Trinity, have mercy on us. Lord, cleanse us from our sins. Master, pardon our iniquities. Holy God, visit and heal our infirmities for thy Name's sake.
Lord have mercy. x3
Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit: now and ever, and unto ages of ages. Amen
Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom, and the power and the glory of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit: now and ever unto the ages of ages. Amen.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

That Phoot part had me LOLing. I didn't know that James called Philly "Phoot". What a crack up!

9:30 PM  
Blogger elizabeth said...

That is so lovely and wonderful! You made my day, thanks.

9:46 AM  
Blogger tifandtheboys said...

sweetness!

10:05 PM  
Blogger jenny baker said...

phoot!

2:12 PM  
Blogger Michelle M. said...

I love that. Grace loves to do prayers every morning, and when I don't have my act together, she'll drag me over to our icon corner and hand me our prayer book.

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home