Friday, December 18, 2009

A for Effort, B for....

A couple of posts ago, I happily mentioned that I probably wouldn't be mailing Christmas cards out of a variety of reasons (none of which are that I don't love Christmas - believe me, I LOVE Christmas!). Well, the guilt got to me. I could tell Jason was kind of bummed and we keep getting such nice cards from people including dear old Grandma Reba from Arkansas who sent not one but four cards to us - one for each child, and one for J and I - how cute is she? Then yesterday I was visiting a friend and I admired her mantel full of Christmas cards from friends and family, so as I was driving home I resolved to get myself onto the Snapfish website and get the whole thing done and over with ASAP so I could sleep at night again.

Everything was going perfect. I found something I liked, ordered it and picked it up this morning at the drugstore, got my address list, and got to work on it right away because I was not going to drag this thing out. I was even sort of enjoying myself! So I was about halfway done when James comes up to me, and I was thinking he was going to ask me for a snack, but NO! Without any warning he BARFED! All over me. And all over the remaining envelopes. AAAAAAH! It was so weird. And then he was perfectly fine and back to normal. I am not feeling very encouraged.

So HALF my cards went out today!

9 Comments:

Blogger elizabeth said...

oh no! that is no fun! hope tomorrow is better!

8:07 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

AHHH! That is terrible and terribly funny at the same time.

10:37 PM  
Blogger tifandtheboys said...

you know, kids always put things into perspective dont they! whether its puke or not! breathe, and move forward girl! you are doing better than I am on the card front.

8:39 AM  
Blogger A. said...

Oh my goodness...that's HILARIOUS! But at the same time, VERY icky. Bleck!!! I have a weak stomach and probably would have barfed all over the finished ones. lol Glad he's feeling better though, and that you got at least half out. :)

3:15 PM  
Blogger Chriss said...

I'm still laughing, sorry honey. Now wonder you were upset today. So I guess I won't wonder if there is a little odor????

8:30 PM  
Blogger Sonja said...

Hahahahaha! That's hilarious! (Sorry. It's also gross and annoying, but mostly funny to me.) Hang in there!

11:28 PM  
Blogger Lauren S. said...

No, there is no odor or barf on any of the ones that actually got sent out!! :)

3:43 PM  
Blogger Mimi said...

Oh no! I both groaned and laughed.

I'm having the same motivation issue this year, but I LOVE getting careds.

3:09 PM  
Blogger tifandtheboys said...

I got mine!!! I must have been in teh earlier half... love you!

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home