Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Vacation!

It was a fun long weekend, our last chance to get away before we'll be carting around a new baby and all his stuff. We visited Sea World (which Jason and I hadn't been since we were wee one's. That place is a fine establishment, however the Shamu show was completely nauseating - just show us the killer whales doing their tricks, we don't need a spiritual experience out of it), camped at Carlsbad State Beach with Jason's dad, and then the family ran the annual Carlsbad 5K (I watched). It was really relaxing to hang out at the campsite, and at the beach. The weather all weekend could not have been any better. It was perfect. But I think that is the last time I will ever go tent camping while 8 months pregnant. OUCH! Hannah was thrilled to sleep in a tent. "You mean we are REALLY sleeping in HERE? Really? Tonight? With you guys? With all my stuff close by? Wow." She was giddy. And I'm happy to say that with the long walk to the restrooms, Hannah only peed herself once, and I didn't have any accidents. We must have been a sight for the campers, the large pregnant woman with the freshly potty trained toddler making at least 20 trips a day to the facilities.

Jason, Papa Bill, and Hannah at the finish line.


6 Comments:

Blogger annie said...

Hey you were right in my neighborhood!! I didn't even know about the run though. How fun to have a little get away, we just came back from a road trip ourselves.
I can't believe you are already 8 months pregnant, although, I can't believe I am almost 6 months pregnant either. The pictures are great and I am glad you had a nice vacation. I love Carlsbad, we've only lived here a few months now but it is so pretty!
Have a blessed Holy Week.

10:52 AM  
Blogger Lauren S. said...

I was thinking about you while we were there, but I didn't know you lived in N. county. Jason's dad and uncle run the 5K every year. This was my first year not running it since we've been going. Carlsbad is beautiful. Lucky you!

Glad to have you back in blog land...I can't believe you are almost 6 months pregnant either! Wow, time flies.

Blessed Holy Week to you too.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Kassianni said...

you are so brave camping while you are pregnant! what a trooper!

3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time! I definitely do not think I will go camping while pregnant. I can barely sleep in my normal bed withour being in pain; I can't imagine sleeping on dirt and rocks :)

I can't believe you are almost due! How exciting. I feel like this pregnancy is taking forever. I am so ready to meet my little girl; although, she can stay in there as long as she wants. I don't want another NICU baby- I just want a healthy one! I hope you are feeling well.

1:07 PM  
Blogger Rebeca said...

Looks like a great time! Hope this last part of the pregnancy goes well. My husband and I did a weeklong camping trip when I was pregnant with our first! He loves camping now, and can hardly wait to go again. He just doesn't understand that it's still getting down in the thirties at night!

7:50 AM  
Blogger Bluecanopy said...

Sounds like a good vacation. You're a trooper camping right now, way to go ;)

I don't know about you but I'm so glad the baby is almost here. I can't believe how fast it has been!

Have a good Holy week and Pascha.

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home