Monday, May 07, 2007

Watching her grow before my eyes

In the last few days, Hannah sleeps in her bed by herself, has decided to not take naps anymore, and is on day 2 of being off of the sippy cup. It's really weird. And I really miss nap time. Just when you think you have them wired, they go and change it all up on you.

Right now she is sitting on her bed with a pile of books beside her, "reading" out loud. She points to each picture and rythmically describes the scene in her sing songy voice. She was looking at her Sea World book and would name the animals shown on each page.

"Polar bear, polar bear, polar bear."

"Sharks, sharks, sharks"

"Manatees, manatees, manatees."

Now she is on to One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish. I think it will be strange to have her buzzing around all day, and me taking care of the constantly sleeping, eating, pooping newborn. I always imagined having a time in the day where we would all be napping. Strange timing, my little Hannah.

5 Comments:

Blogger Thomas Ham said...

AWWWwwwww

7:17 PM  
Blogger Bea said...

This gives me some comfort, because sometimes I'm afraid Robby will be in our bed forever! Sounds like your Hannah is growing fast! Life will become VERY interesting once the new one comes, I'm sure she will be a great big sis!

2:31 PM  
Blogger Bluecanopy said...

sweet girl...hey, I bet she's going to bed earlier at night though, that's got to be worth it :)

7:52 AM  
Blogger Thomas Ham said...

HI MOMMA LAUREN! CONGRATS ON THE BABY BOY!

1:33 AM  
Blogger annie said...

Happy Mother's Day, Lauren! and I take it from Thomas' comment your boy has arrived. Hurray!! I can't wait to hear all the details and better yet, see his little face. Congratulations!!!

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home