Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Still gestating, and being on the receiving end of slimy, snotty kisses

I kind of feel like not blogging. I'm so close to my due date, and feeling my body get ready, and I would like to wait around in a cave until my baby comes out. But, then I would miss out on life, and all the joy it can offer. Like my daughter, who has had a cold since Sunday, who despite a leaking face and a loose cough, is still sweet and full of love for me. I've been following her around with towels and tissues, sometimes my own shirt. And I'm pretty crabby about it. Like each wipe of her face is costing me 5 bucks. It's so irritating. Please child, stop your mucus.

I'm also fighting a giant nesting urge. Jason, with his long to-do list, has by the grace of God, gotten around to fixing up our bedroom. I'm 37 + weeks, and we have no bed right now. Well, we have a bed, it's just sideways against the hall while our room is being mudded, sanded, drywalled, skim coated, painted, and I've learned that fixing up anything usually involves it being a lot worse before it gets better. So the three of us (or 4 I guess) are sleeping on our fantastic Ikea sofa bed (Thank you mom and dad) that I honestly think is slightly more comfortable than our bed mattress, however is very difficult to get out of to go pee 3 or 4 times a night. You can't have it all!

It's taking all I have to not grab a ladder and pull all our baby gear down from the rafters of the garage and start to lovingly wash it, set it all up. But I must refrain. There is no where to put it all right now. Hannah's bedroom floor is our closet for the week. It's a disaster in this house. Except for the kitchen and the bathroom. All of a sudden, since I can't really "nest" I have decided to become anal about the kitchen (so, so unlike me) and I bought some pretty kitchen towels and place mats that are wipe able and I'm just about as excited for them as I would be if Martha Stewart herself came and redecorated my house for me. And after I found those items at a discount linen store, I mosied on over to Ross. I find that store quite detestable and a huge mess, but I was on a roll. So I found a $7 shower curtain, and a $7 floor rug, and $3 curtain holders. I got the rod at the linen store for cheap too. I put it all together that day and even broke out our fancy bath accessories that were wedding presents, and I'm very impressed with myself. Jason really likes it too, and asked, "Why didn't you do that a long time ago?" That sent me into an eye rolling and sighing fit because I never decorated because of HIM. He was the one that told me not to decorate because he wanted to remodel the bathroom first, and why spend money on that kind of stuff if you're not sure what the finished product will be? He denied this and said, "Well, I didn't mean you couldn't do this." *insert a big Napoleon Dynamite sigh right here*

We met again with our doula last night, and I like her even more. She's so encouraging and knowledgeable, and I'm really excited to have her a part of our birth. She brought a birth ball to practice some moves on, and I would have slept on it last night if she didn't have to take it home. So comfortable to sit on, lay on, and hug like it's my only friend in the world.

Today, I'm going to enjoy the stellar warm weather. This morning I already planted some dahlias that I bought last week and the rest of our flat of star jasmine in the front yard. Jason thinks I am to become a great gardener and said he is going to buy me some gardening clogs so I would go out more. I'm not a green thumb, but it does kind of relax me. Not sure if the clogs would help or not. Maybe I'll have a complete garden in the front by the time the baby comes. I think I'll be content with a finished bedroom.

5 Comments:

Blogger Munkee said...

While I must admit the redecorating stuff read like, "Blah, blah, blah, money, blah, blah..." the rest of the post was good. I know that Sara and I can totally identify with you and Jason. While I'm not remodeling rooms (we rent our home), she has me painting rooms, moving crap to the garage or trash and generally turning our home upside down and shaking out the dust.

Parents in the land of pregnant UNITE!

11:50 AM  
Blogger Rebeca said...

Exciting to be so close! Hope the projects get finished up quickly. And, I love my gardening clogs!

2:02 PM  
Blogger Bluecanopy said...

clogs?? who needs any shoes when you're gardening??!! Just kidding, I happen to like squishy muddy dirty feet, although clogs are cool.

Aaron wasn't kidding when he was talking about the nesting going on around here...sometimes I look at the piles lying around in their temporary places and get so overwhelmed...sounds like you can understand :) The bedroom sounds like a big project...hang in there. Just think...soon you'll be able to enjoy your "new" bedroom with a new baby laying beside you.

Glad to hear you like your doula so much....almost time. I really really really can't believe it.

11:49 PM  
Blogger annie said...

Hey Lauren,
How is the nesting coming along..? You know readers get pretty curious when they don't hear from a very expectant mama in awhile. : )
Hope you are all doing well and getting ready for your little guy. ( if he isn't here already.)
Thinking of you.

4:15 PM  
Blogger Bluecanopy said...

STILL GESTATING???????

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home