Friday, January 04, 2008

Go in for a coffee grinder...

Leave with something else entirely.

The last time I went to my favorite little thrift store shop, it was a rainy day. Today, as the gray clouds had just begun to release their smallest of droplets, I just happened to be in the neighborhood of the shop and I could feel a gravitational pull. Baby was sound asleep. Daughter had just awoken from her nap in the car. So we went for it. I was hoping to find a coffee grinder or maybe even a high chair in good shape. But I came out with a few like new name brand clothes for myself, Hannah, and even James, a cute sunflower headband for Hannah to brighten up the gloomy day.
You never know what you will find. But I found a bargain today. I struck gold. This might sound weird or gross if you are not a mom of a baby, but I found a fancy brand name duel electric/battery powered breast pump for $4.99! I KNOW! I was so excited. So of course I bought it. I'm not even sure if my baby would take a bottle, but with this pump I just may try it. I have a hand pump that is terrible so I've very little milk in my freezer, but with this thing I can stock up. Heck, I could donate. Or I could sell it* on craigslist and make a little profit. he he.

Thrift stores and rainy days. I don't know why, but they just go together.
*sell the pump, that is, not the milk. Just to be clear.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kassianni said...

lol! sell breastmilk on craigslist.
i bet no one else is... :):)

8:51 PM  
Blogger Bluecanopy said...

Woo hoo...good find indeed!

just boil the heck out of those pump pieces and you're good to go!

10:13 PM  
Blogger jenny baker said...

it's been years since i've struck any gold at a thrift store. :( but it feels so great when you find something you really like. almost like you're treasure hunting!

10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! You saved over $200! I was also going to say to boil the pump pieces.

I need to start pumping more! Nathaniel and I have to go to his office party this Friday. So I am leaving the baby with a sitter for the first time. AHH!! And after that night, I am going to be really low on frozen milk. I'll have to start stocking up again.

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home