Monday, July 16, 2007

My name is Mommy.




Not sure when it started, but Hannah's been calling me Mama. And it's driving me crazy. Why? Because I've been mommy since she could speak. She can't just go and change my name.
"Mama?"
"Mama?"
"Mama!"
"Hannah, my name is Mommy."
"OK Mommy."
Pause
"Mama?"
Sigh.
Oh well.
But guess what? Mama got some new floors this weekend. Thank you Costco, for the coupon you sent us. We're VERY happy. And if you guys aren't grasping the magnitude of my excitement over this, you should read http://whycantwejustbenormal.blogspot.com/2006/08/i-hate-my-carpet.html because my carpet had been been cackling at me wickedly for two years. Whenever we had company, the first thing I would do was apologize for my carpet. So, I am thrilled and elated with our new floor, and have caught myself dancing across it like a two year old ballerina I know more than a couple of times since it's gone in on Saturday.

7 Comments:

Blogger Bluecanopy said...

woo hoo for the flooring...hannah can help clean it now :) they make child sized dust mops!

Mama's not as bad as Mom...just be thankful you're not that yet. I still call my parents mommy and daddy...it'll be weird when I become mom.

1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love those photos of you and Hannah! And congrats on the new floors... we are working on our still. We need to get the living room done. Our carpet is pretty bad too.

5:17 PM  
Blogger Mimi said...

Congratulations on the new floors! We just put Costco's bamboo flooring in our kitchen, dining, and small bath ourselves!

And, my kids went through a "momma" phase too, I wasn't impressed.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Munkee said...

I just had to say in pictures i didn't catch it, but meeting your daughter in person...wow, she is so sweet...little girls have that heart melting quality to them, that you only see glimpses of in boys.

3:25 PM  
Blogger Mom said...

I miss you and my grandchildren.
You need to see my floors too. When will I get to see you?

7:36 PM  
Blogger Lauren S. said...

Moooooom!

8:32 AM  
Blogger Bea said...

Robby calls me Mom! Well, at least I think he is, he alternates between Mama and Mom. I'm glad you got some new floors, new floors can make a girl very very happy!

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home