Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Ooh, beauty products...

I went to a Mary Kay party today. I've never really been a fan of it. I've always associated it with over done old ladies whom have an unhealthy attraction to pink. But anyway, a really great friend of mine sells it and I thought it would be fun and our kids could play together. What the heck.

Maybe she's a really good sells person, or maybe the products are fabulous. Either way I ended up spending over $70 which at the time seemed completely logical and sane.

Um, let's see, when was the last time I spent any money on myself? I really can't remember. Besides food and the basics, the last shirt I bought was most likely from Target for $5 about 4 months ago. Make up? I barely wear it. I used to be kind of a mall rat and used the fancy Mac, Lancome, and other over priced products. But I haven't visited a snobby make up counter since before my wedding. Life sure does change when one loses her "disposable income." And I've been crying about my hair for months now. My roots are probably about two inches long. But we have no money to do my hair, boo hoo. And of all things, I spend what I consider to be big money on cleanser and lotions. Oh well, my skin feels less weathered and I got a compliment from Jason (those don't come easy). The compliment came before he saw the check book register. He was nice about it. He and I both know I've been a hag for much too long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home