Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Bouyant and Boisterous

We went to the beach today. It was hot, even there. This morning, I really didn't feel like going at all. I had to force myself to pack the towels, make sandwiches, slather sunscreen all over Hannah but I knew I needed to get out of the house and that I'd have good company.

We met up with Jackie, her mom, and her two little girls and then another friend DeAnna came. I didn't know DeAnna was going to come but she a breath of fresh air and I was thrilled to see her. She's one of those people who are always a drop of golden sun, but it never gets annoying - a rare gift.

So we were all sitting on our beach chairs, the kids content to play in the sand when DeAnna stood up, smiled, and shouted "Toni!" Across the beach was a very large blond woman in a moo moo waving back. It was just a coincidence and she was there with another friend. I watched Toni take off her moo moo and run toward the water with wreckless abandon, one of her kids being dragged in with her.

It was a sight. When I say "large", we're talking 300 lbs - easy. But it was beautiful. She didn't care at all. She was having a grand time taking her kids out in the water. She was loud, running up and down the beach, teasing her kids, plucking them in and out of the water. DeAnna was telling me that Toni loves to take her kids out into the deeper water. She just puts them right on her hip and swims out there and she and child just stay afloat. She even offered to take DeAnna out that way. Can you imagine? Who can find a bouyant and boisterous woman? Made my day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home