Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The Exclamation Point

I was emailing some friends of mine and I realized I have an intense need to use the exclamatioin point as much as possible. How annoying. What does this say about me?

I wonder if it has anything to do with me wanting to appear as though I have everything together. This habitual overuse of the stated punctuation may be the key to my understanding my own need to please others. I wonder what other "exclamation points" I have in my life masking the true state of my heart. In general, life is good. But it doesn't call for an exlcamation point at the end of every sentence.

How do I get rid of this habit? How do I rejoice in the truth of myself?

Instead of telling "white lies" I will tell the truth. In stead of listening to popular music that is crap, I will find some music I truly enjoy. Instead of dressing to please others and feeling completely uncomfortable with the selection, I will wear what suits me. And I will limit my use of the exclamation point to it's intended purpose. Period.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home