Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Turning the corner.

I have a sick baby. I've never really had a sick baby before. It's not much fun. His daddy and big sister gave him their colds, and then he went and developed an ear infection. I somehow managed to dodge those germy bullets and am fine. James is getting better today, thank God! I think my rough couple of days were due to my little guy getting fussy and ill, my kids have rotten teeth (but more on that another time) and that I had my Life Confession scheduled. My life confession was much harder than I thought it would be to give, but once it was over the burdens I've carried for years were lifted away. Whenever I had confessed soley by prayer, and kept my sins secret, I had always imagined them being lifted away, however they persisted to torment me. The healing sacrament of Holy Confession truly is a blessing, and it was a perfect way to start out Lent.

Of course, Great Lent is here. Mimi has a good post about it, as well as Forgiveness Vespers, which we participated in for the first time this year. It is so powerful and intimate to ask forgiveness of others around you, and they do the same of you. So let me ask of you:

If I have offended you here on my blog or in person, in any shape or form, please forgive me, a sinner.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As God forgives us all! Forgive me, a sinner.

Life confessions are so intimidating (well, all confessions really), but doesn't it feel wonderful when you are done? I always feel so joyful after confession.

Please give your little man a kiss from me! I hope that everyone feels better very, very soon.

3:11 PM  
Blogger Mimi said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

3:41 PM  
Blogger Mimi said...

God forgives and I forgive. Forgive me, my sister

Congratulations on your life confession, and how exciting to be getting so close to Communion!

Thank you for the link and give sweet baby James a hug and know he is in my prayers. Poor guy.


(I deleted so I could add a bit, sorry about that)

3:41 PM  
Blogger Rebeca said...

Hope your little guy feels better soon! And a blessed lent to you. Will you be chrismated on Holy Saturday?

9:14 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

I hope things are going better!! Maybe we can get together next week?

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home