Saturday, November 08, 2008

Menu Plan....Saturday?

I've got the time and desire to plan today, so here I go. The Nativity Fast is coming up and this is our last week for meats and dairy until Christmas. Since I'm pregnant, I'm still going to have eggs and dairy, and so will the kids. I will most likely stay away from meat. Which will be harder than normal, because this pregnancy is having me crave meat, not something I usually do. So for this week, I'd like to gorge myself on comfort food.

Saturday
L - Leftover City. We got spaghetti and meat balls for dad, lentil and egg burritos for the kids and I, and some Asian style rice noodles with vegetables and garlic sauce from last night if we are still hungry!
D - ??? I'm undecided and not really in to mood to go to the store today.

Sunday
D - Pizza and Salad

Monday
B - Yogurt and apple sauce
L - Macaroni (I have a package of Annies begging to be cooked) and cheese with ham and spinach
D - Roasted Chicken, acorn squash, sauteed greens (kale, spinach)

Tuesday
B - Acorn squash pancakes
L - Chicken salad sandwiches
D - Chicken tacos with all the fixins+ rice and beans

Wednesday
B - Berry Green Smoothies and toast
L - Bean & rice burritos
D - Potluck something or other

Thursday (the last day before fasting starts)
B - Bean and egg scramble
L - Salad with whatever chicken is leftover, cheese and veggies.
D - Lasagna - and I'm tempted to buy some from Costco.

Friday
B - oatmeal
L - pb & j & fruit
D - Polenta with pasta sauce

4 Comments:

Blogger Michelle M. said...

I can't believe the fast is almost here! I need to use up some meat this week, but my hubby is going to be away for most of it. Oh well :) I still have Sunday and Mondays nights to cook dinner with him before the fast begins.

How do you make your polenta?

6:00 PM  
Blogger Lauren S. said...

fry it up in some oil or bake it with the sauce on. :)

9:29 AM  
Blogger jenny baker said...

is that potluck dish on wednesday for the feast? we have a vigil and liturgy for St. John Crystostom with a feast after. i just wanted to make sure you knew. ;)

11:18 AM  
Blogger Katie Harris said...

hey lady, thanks for the comments. Yes, eliot DID say 'intense'. He is SO my boy. He says 'dude' roughly 50 times a day too.

And you'd be surprised (or not) to learn who that was who said all of those horrible things to me. You know him.

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home