Monday, October 22, 2007

Newsflash: The Health Care System is Wacked

My poor neighbors. It is tragic that in one moment a family can be financially stable, set for retirement, with minimal worries, and the next it can all be gone. In a way it restores in my mind that everything on this earth is temporary. I'm a mere vapor after all. But while I do live, and I don't feel like a vapor, I shudder at the thought of what has happened to the kind couple - a couple whom are only a couple years older than my own parents - next door to us.

The husband, B, has had a massive heart attack. His aorta burst open a month ago. Yes, burst. It's a miracle he is still alive. With the rupture to his aorta sutured up, other areas of his body have been falling a part - mostly his kidneys. So he's looking at about 5 more months of enduring a very expensive hospital stay. And now they are broke. Insurance has run out. Their only hope now is Medicare. Please pray for them. His wife D, as you can imagine is going through my worst nightmare. They have a rental house that has gone to hell - it became a party house whose tenants aren't so great at paying rent, and with the crappy market it would be a doosy to try and sell. D has recently had to return to work since her sick days are up. I can't even imagine. D said that if she sold everything they owned they wouldn't be able to pay for the medical bills. This is crazy. This shouldn't happen. But it does. It could happen to any of us. Lord have mercy. Please pray for them.

Interesting article some of you may appreciate (those of you who are Ron Paul fans). I found this on a local midwife's blog:

http://ancientpathsmidwifery.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!1B55934B87D1D099!931.entry

2 Comments:

Blogger Mimi said...

No, it shouldn't happen, and it makes me spitting mad that it does.

prayers.

2:02 PM  
Blogger Thomas Ham said...

And people want the government to take even more control of our healthcare system. I say "BOO" to that!

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home